A little win


Susan vs. Mpark.

A little win.

It's the principle!

I received my refund and an apology on 19 June 2017.

18 June 2017

Re: MPark services for Vehicle GHXXX

To whom it may concern,

On Wednesday 24 May 2017 I was in Whangarei  and I parked in a Pay and Display car parking space.  Having no coins I signed up to the pay for parking service MPark advertised on the Parking Display ticket dispenser and paid for my parking.  

I could find nowhere on the site explaining how I could get a display ticket, nowhere that said I did not need a display ticket and the Parking Display Ticket dispenser had a sign that stated I had to Display a Valid Ticket.  I emailed the only contact available for MPark, receiving an immediate response – that they would get back to me within three working days. Feeling I had no choice, I went and got some cash and bought a display ticket. I still have this ticket and a photograph of it is attached.

I emailed MPark, including a photo of the display ticket I had to purchase, asking for a refund of the $10.00 I had credited my account and for the account to be cancelled. But they have so far refused to action this.

It has been almost two months and this is an abysmal level of service.  The MPark set up is simply not fit for purpose and the information servicing is atrocious.  I have included (below, in chronological order) copy of the communication I have had with MPark and by any standards, their response is poor.

I have so far, paid $12.00 for parking for the ten minutes I spent away from my car.

Again I ask this issue is given immediate attention; that my $10.00 is refunded and my MPark account is cancelled.

Yours sincerely,
Susan X

from:    susan
to:     mpark

date:     Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM
            Do I need a display ticket? I have not found a way to get one. I have paid for my ghf739 vehicle through the internet on mpark but can't find any info that I need a display ticket.


from:    mPark
to:        susan

date:     Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:29 PM


No, mpark saves paper you don't need a ticket.

The wardens check your numberplaye on their smartphone.

Regards
Mac

from:    Susan
to:        mPark
date:     Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:06 PM

I spent a lot of time looking and I was unable to find this information on the site that I signed up with and paid for my parking, nor on the ticket machine (which said I HAD to display a ticket), I went and got cash and bought a display ticket.
I expect a refund of the parking I paid for on Mpark and my account cancelled.



from:    Susan
to:        mPark
date:     Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I rechecked and there is nothing on the site that tells me I don't need a ticket or that wardens check online.
I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.



from:    mPark
to:        Susan
date:     Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:53 AM

You don't need to display a ticket if you pay by mpark.

The wardens check your numberplate on their smartphone.

Here is the pdf from the mPark website that says no paper tickets. We will look into making this more obvious on the app.

http://mpark.co.nz/downloads/mPark_Whangarei.pdf


Regards


from:    Susan
to:        mPark
date:     Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 9:57 AM

A pdf on a phone app, that was so hidden I couldn't find it on my phone when I was signing up for service, nor on my desktop when I was serching for the information. I don't have pdf on my phone.
The ONLY contact informs reply within three days.
The ONLY information I could find regarding a display ticket was on the pay ticket machine telling me I had to display a ticket, so I bought another one.

I ask again, that the parking I bought with Mpark be refunded and my Mpark account be cancelled with my $10.00 refunded in full.

If this matter is not resolved in a timely manner to my satisfaction, I will be taking this further.



Jun 19


Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Whangarei District Council.
Your correspondence has been received and referred to the By-Laws department for a response.
Please quote CRM No. BYL026513  if you require any further information.

Jun 19

to me
Hi,

As discussed please email us your bank account and we'll refund your full $10.00

Sorry again for the hassle.


Jun 19

to mPark
Good evening,

During our conversation you mentioned that I am only the second person to have problems with the MPark ticketless system. In my experience that actually means that I am only the second person to complain. Most people don't.

Account information below:



One calendar month after I was refunded:

Jul 19

to me
Hi Susan, I am not sure if anyone has responded to your email. Assuming they have not I am answering it.
If you use m-Park you do not have to display a ticket. The parking wardens have access to m-Park for the day they are walking around the city. They only have access for that actual day so they can check if users of the car parks have paid using m-Park.
I hope this answers your question.

Regards

7:26 PM (1 minute ago)


Dear XXXXXXX,

From your reply I can ascertain that you did not bother to read my email regarding the issue I have been having with Mpark since 24 May.

The absolute and utter incompetence displayed by every section of Mpark, council and now clearly the WDC Administrator from Armourguard Security; whose staff I have had the unfortunate experience of contact with is quite simply astounding.

The complete waste of time and resources displayed in this incompetence makes demonstrably obvious where the exorbitant rates demanded, are wasted.

No where did I ask a question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Zealand turning into Venezuela? More like Rwanda.

I didn't ask for an extention

In Search of Equilibrium